TeamThicko@Mosport

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: TeamThicko@Mosport
From: Gary Speckman <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:24:41 -0500
Thicko Friends and fellow vintage racers,

It appears that Team Thicko flounder WST will be the only "core" member in
attendance at Mosport THIS year.  I am unable to attend also.

Just let me say a few words about our Flounder, to prepare you all for his
"presence".

Not long ago, he asked for info on decent lap times for Mosport, even asking
what the lap record for a 948 Sprite was.  Now, I know him, and I know the
only reason he asked that was he intends to better it.  The thing about WST,
and its MOST annoying... is he talks big, but then he goes out and DOES it!
Very annoying.

About his driving style.  Those of you who have never had the priviledge of
being on the track with him, are in for a treat.  First thing you will
notice is that his car is like a boat trying to "plane".  The front end is
always higher than the rear end.  The next thing I need to warn you about is
his driving style.  You will swear his car is articulated in the middle, it
NEVER goes in a straight line.  You will also swear he has rear steer in
that thing, he's sideways at ALL speeds.

Now for the Red Rat Bastard number 99.  Good name for the thing.  He wants
everyone to believe its cobbled together with parts from this barn, and that
junkyard, and he takes pride in cultivating that image, but let me warn you.
Looks can be deceiving.  That car is HOT!  I drove it once and the throttle
response is so stong, I swore the front wheels were being lifted off the
ground with just the slightest "blip" of the throttle.  I later learned his
front shocks were shot. (typical)

So dont let the crow bar flares to the rear wheel arches fool you, the body
is some exotic alloy, I am sure.  And that front fender that sorta flaps in
the wind?  A tricky aero-dynamic trick I think he learned from Roger Menadue.

Y'all are in for a treat.

Drive Safe and have fun... I will miss being there.

Gar aka Black Bart
MOD-Team Thicko
Plover WI
www.thicko.com