Re: Mosport

To: Team Thicko Mail List <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mosport
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:37:49 -0400
IGot the Sprite back from the body shop late Saturday night, started
reassembly.  A minor accident put my crew/asssistant out of action Sunday,
but got lots on anyhow.

Got the engine in last night, but after hooking everything up and trying to
start I
only got a couple of almost fires and it started turning over slower and
slower... The battery voltage looked reasonable and the battery booster was
no help, checked all power wires for bad connections, etc.  Messed around
till well after midnight to no avail. Suspected something tight in the engine
or
starter going bad.

This morning, just for grins I swapped in a different battery before digging
the
starter out. Fast turn over! Key on, fired right up! t runs! The other battery
must have a bad plate connection under load.

Gotta go hang on a bunch more stuff - seat, aeroscreen, trim, bonnet, wheels
and such. (And pack besides) Looks like Wayward Sports car racing is
going to make Mosport! Save me a spot in the Thicko Village - I've got a
small encolsed trailer (red) and a 12x20 (2 car sized) easy up to fit in
somewhere.

Roger