Gee but I'd love to hear that again

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Gee but I'd love to hear that again
From: Scott Paceley <spaceley@uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 14:27:47 -0500
Howdy all,

About this time of year I get all nostalgic for Memorial days spent
close to a transistor radio listening to Sid Collins, Howdy Bell (at
the top of the grandstands in turn two) a very young Paul Page and
more names I can't recall.

I'm sure many remember the REAL Greatest Spectacle in Racing as I do.

I'd love to find recording of these broadcasts, commercials and all.
(Why I didn't tape them with my JC Penney cassette recorder I don't
know.)

Does anyone have recordings of their own? Is there a commercial
source for this?
I'd most like something from the late fifties to the early seventies.

Thanks big,
--

Scott Paceley
spaceley@uiuc.edu  * 217-333-8759  *  Champaign, IL