goodwood.

To: "Thickos" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: goodwood.
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 21:38:18 -0600
Robert [We're not in] Kansa[s anymore] wrote:

> Did anyone catch the Goodwood speed festival on speedvision?
> . . . Sterling Moss, Rowan Atkins (mister bean) and Jack
> Braham were racing a bunch of saloon cars . . . around the
> Goodwood circuit in UK.
> well a triad of cortinas took the honors. (do they evoke 13/13 in UK.?)
what an awesome event!
> after drooling over several races, they announced the show would be
continue next time,  =( ,  and showed some shots of cobras/corvettes and
sports racers going to it.
> might be worth watching!!
> R Kansa/RCCSA

I was lucky enough to have been at the Goodwood Revival this past September.
>From the looks of it, Speedvision seems to have done a pretty good job of
coverage. There'll be at least one more program covering the Sunday races.

Don't recall any Sprites at Goodwood, but there were plenty of Austin-based
specials and two genuine 100S Healeys (they should be racing in part two of
the Speedvision program).

One of the highlights of the meet was watching Stirling Moss, mounted on a
motor scooter with passenger aboard, miss an open gate in the paddock and
run straight on into a picket fence. Did a great job with that huge Jaguar
saloon though - didn't hit a thing!

If you catch the Speedvision programs, you'll notice the American flags at
half staff all over the place, including all down the main straight by the
paddock (this was one week after New York). Still haven't figured out where
they got all those flags on such short notice, but they were flying all over
England within 48 hours.

Jim Hill
Madison WI

///