Re: goodwood.

To: "Thickos" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: goodwood.
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:48:00 -0600
Re the Speedvision coverage of this year's Goodwood Revival, Gar wrote:

> The "second" part . . . has . . . some nasty "red mist" accidents,
> one involving two quite rare, and quite beautiful Jags.

There does seem to be a lot of 11/10ths driving at Goodwood. Possession of
unlimited $$ does not necessarily imply possession of talent or good
judgment, but it does seem to produce enthusiastic, over-optimistic driving.

On the other hand, the word "rare" takes on a new meaning while you're
touring the paddock at Goodwood. There were at least a half dozen C-types,
an equal number of D-Jags and several Jag-powered specials (Lister, Costin,
etc.). They were all beautiful but--at least for the weekend--not at all
rare.

When I first walked into the paddock and saw no less than eight 250F
Maseratis lined up together, I knew I was in some kind of vintage Valhalla.
No telling how many times they'd been rebuilt as a result of various shunts
and prangs.

Jim Hill

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list