Air Cleaner Question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Air Cleaner Question
From: NamasteRH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 19:54:42 -0400
Hi All:

When I bought my Tiger it had a Holley 4-barrel on it.  Despite that carb's
usefulness, I am one of those "Gee, I'd like an all-original Tiger" kind of
guys.  Not an easy thing for someone who has never seen an original example
of the species (not unlike that first Star Trek episode, "The Cage", where
the aliens didn't know what a human was supposed to look like as they were
rebuilding one).  Therefore, I need to know, "What the heck does a Tiger air
cleaner look like?" (dimensions, bolt configuration, color, markings, etc.).
 I know they are rare, but if someone offers to sell me one I would like to
be sure that I am getting what I need.

Also, is anyone actually running on the original carb/manifold setup?
 EVERYONE on the list seems to talk about mods, so I am left wondering
whether my efforts toward originality are a waste of time.  If you ARE using
the original setup, how is it?  Just "OK" or "perfectly satisfactory"?
 Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.

Rick Hoefle (1964 Tiger B9470508)