Re: Re: (2) Basic Stuff

To: JLAIFMAN@pnm.mhs.compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Re: (2) Basic Stuff
From: SJogan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 16:16:58 -0400
On April 25 JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM wrote:

>About the license plate bracket, my car has the plate screwed directly into
the boot lid through the bottom holes.  Short nuts go through the top holes
and have rubber tubing covering the ends so it doesn't scratch the lid.  I
don't know if this was a stock set up.  I have no reason to believe it was
not.  But, my guess is that each dealer did it as they wanted.>

Appreciate the input Jay. I'm trying to avoid drilling through the boot again
but I seem to remember rubber gromets in the holes. Maybe I was the one that
did that instead of the dealer. Its tough getting old with fading memory. I
figure when the engine starts for the first time after 10 years it will all
come back in a rush.

Steve