Re: Re: Re: (2) Basic Stuff

To: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: Re: Re: (2) Basic Stuff
From: "Ron Franklin" <oldhaven@biddeford.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 23:43:19 -0500
On 26 Apr 96 at 17:52, Jay Laifman wrote:

> Steve wrote:
> "Maybe I was the one that did that instead of the dealer. Its tough
> getting old with fading memory. I figure when the engine starts for the
> first time after 10 years it will all come back in a rush."
>
> ***** NOTES from Jay Laifman (JLAIFMAN @ PNM) at 4/26/96 2:11p
> I hear you.  There must be about 3 or 4 times over the life of my car that
> I have started it up after not running for a number of years.  There is
> nothing sweeter than when the sound of the engine roars back to life and
> the vibration flows through you.  Now that is a rush.
>
> Jay

I agree.  The first time I drove my current Tiger after not touching one for
8 years, (I had owned my first one for 18 years), the only analogy I could
think of was that it was like being with an old flame after a long
separation.  Everything just felt right and familiar and I knew what to
expect and do without thinking.

Ron Franklin