Re: Re: Tiger History

To: <cobra@cdc.hp.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Tiger History
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 13 Jun 96 17:15:37 EDT
Roland writes:

"I'm a little confused here.  Miles was a Shelby American
employee and worked on development for Shelby.  Does this mean that Shelby
had two Tiger development teams?"

According to the book, Miles did the work out of his home garage.  At the
time he was racing Alpines, and did not even know Shelby.  It was Ian
Garrad who introduced him to Shelby.  Later Shelby hired Miles as a test
driver and then to Cobra racing.

Stu wrote about Ian being overly anxious to get the test car and that is
why he brought Miles in.  That is mentioned in the William Carroll book I
have, as well as the comment about spinning the wire wheels.  I just
thought it seemed strange that the company had already hired one of the
best and paid him a lot of money (quietly taking it from advertising so
the management wouldn't know), and the car was to be done within 8
weeks - yet he couldn't wait those few weeks?  He had to spend more
money?  The explanantion just doesn't seem complete.

Jay

Jay S. Laifman
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks
1999 Avenue of the Stars