Re: NOS vs REPRO

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NOS vs REPRO
From: marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 23:06:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Roland, thanks for "not necessarily" coming down on my side and making
the obvious point that I was too frustrated to make after reading all those
strange if not just plain assinine comments.

Of course rubber, oil etc. can not be compared to a non-persihable item like
a metal coin or a STEEL air cleaner. And why does everybody assume that I'm
anti-repo?  I'm not and I'm just barely smart enough to realize that my car
would never be road worthy without them.  Give me a brake you guys, I know
you all like to flame a guy when he's down but your all starting to sound a
bit silly.

>>  Like an art work or a rare coin can be original.
>>
>> No Tiger has 1967 gas in it!
>> No Tiger has 1967 oil in it, and none of you would want it!
>> No Tiger has 1967 oil filters or air filters in it!
>> No Tiger has 1967 tires (tyres) on it.  (pity the poor soul who does!)
>> No Tiger has 1967 wiper blades on it.
>> Very few Tigers have original rubber, if they do there is little left of it
>> Very few Tigers have original soft tops, hard told liners, tonneaus, seats or
>> carpets.  (And those of us who do want to replace them as soon as our wives
>>
>> Steve
>
>While I don't necessarily want to come down on Frank's side here, I'm
>wondering if is it reasonable to be comparing perishables like gasoline,
>oil, tires or even rubber parts to a "non perishable" item like an air
>cleaner or a rare coin?  I don't think Frank would even argue that only
>a period OEM air filters should be used inside the air cleaner unless it
>is clearly marked non original.
>
>Roland

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  (2.3L powered by Ford)
                       Yamaha Seca 900