Re: Upholstery question....

To: DKanar@aol.com
Subject: Re: Upholstery question....
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 18:40:11 +0100
DKanar@aol.com wrote:

>---so I
>  ask if I should replace with new carpet/upholstery or have the original
> materials in the car repaired?  What do you think, folks?      Original or
> replacement?
>
> DUANE KANAR

Duane,

The carpet can be re-woven, after the original fibers are broken down to
their individual threads and loomed appropriatly. The upholstery is a
bit trickier. The old cotton backing needs to be carefully separated
from the simulated leather pebble grain plastic. The recovered plastic
can be reconstituted into it's original petroleum source, and the Thames
Mud Black dye can be separated by centrifuge. This is all recombined
thru the original British practice, employing small boys who would
otherwise by a burden on society. While many will not understand such
dedication to originality, I salute you for "Maintaining the Breed"
(Sorry , M.G.)

{8->

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/