Re: Driving Caps/Hats

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Driving Caps/Hats
From: "Ron Franklin" <oldhaven@mail.biddeford.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:32:31 -0500
On 16 Jun 97 at 9:19, William Goebner wrote:

> I have lost many baseball type caps when driving my Tiger on the
> "freeway" or even when driving on a 2 lane road when a large truck
> passes which vaccuums the cap right off of my head.
>
> Recently I have tied a cord from my cap to the gearshift lever which
> keeps me from loosing the cap but it still blows off of my head.
>
> I need a cap with a chin strap.  I could make it myself, but I'm sure it
> would look "home made".
>
> Are there any caps or hats available that look presentable, especially
> to the sports car community?
>
> Bill Goebner - Woodside, CA - B9470807
>
> '

self-tapping screws come to mind, or epoxy.  Seriously I think something
with alligator clips exists for just this thing and is detachable when not
needed.  Easy enough to make with eyeglass holders, (not flourescent green,
but the thin black kind), and a couple of unobtrusive buttons.  I use a
homemade affair which is permanently attached and don't worry too much about
the sports car community, as they are too busy looking at the car to notice
the dweeb driving it.

Ron Franklin

Bowdoin, Maine, USA