tire pressure

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tire pressure
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:16:34 -0700
When we first bought this tiger and went to pick it up.  I checked the tire
pressure and found 50 psi in all the tires.  It had a new set of yoko's and
I thought this was a just a mistake by the po.  So I let the pressure down
to the recommended 32 psi.  After that she handled like a bus.  I kept it
that way for quite awhile, but just yesterday I decided to up the pressure
to 40 psi after reading an article in autoweek about a car handling better
with more pressure in the tires.  anyway the car now steers much easier,
it's a little twitchy but not as bad as when it had 50 psi in the tires.  I
was wondering if anyone else has done this.  I will keep close tabs on the
tire wear in the center of the tread, but I sure like it better this way!!
Maybe the po new what he was doing, although I think 50psi was too much.
My arms sure were less tired after the last run, and I found that the car
didn't bog down as much in the turns and I didn't have to down shift as
much.  There's not many straight roads here (northern Calif) and most of
our driving is up and down Hiway One.  The next thing I'm going to do is
get rid of this high rise manifold, It does me no good on these roads.
Regards Armand Ritchie

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie