Re: Is the wrong color a crime?

To: Tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Is the wrong color a crime?
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 97 07:03:44 -0700
     My Tiger's previous owner had painted it what he said was a Jaguar
     Maroon (port wine?), sort of a red with a purple tone to it.  The car
     was going through another restoration when he sold. The original was
     86 green,  and I had a sample under the tail light assemblies, etc.  I
     was going to try to duplicate this, but when I got a good look at it
     in the sunlight, it looked like some sort of military dung green.  A
     big  white star on the side would have looked appropriate.  So when I
     went to the painters, we took the sample book outside, and I picked a
     nice forest green.  I had also been considering  a deep red.  I've
     seen several nice ones in this color at Uniteds, etc.  It may not be
     original, but it looks cool.

     I've seen some in more modern colors, which look ok, but something
     looks out of place. A 30 year old car the same color as the latest
     econojellybeans?

     So I would suggest that you paint it whatever color you want, that
     sort of looks right for the era.  I've seen reds, greens, blues, and
     even one subtle yellow that look terrific, could have come from that
     era, but appear on no Rootes color chart.

     Stu