Is the wrong color a crime? -Reply

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, lovelady@gemgate.com
Subject: Is the wrong color a crime? -Reply
From: John Crawley <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 15:00:08 -0700
Hi:
A friend of mine has the most beautiful English sports car collection. I
was commenting on how perfect his Healey Blue was and he told me his
secret. He takes an original coloured part, as best he can find, and then
goes to the paint shop. In daylight he picks the nicest, close colour he
can from a currency available paint. His Healey blue was 1994 Chevy
Van or some thing like that. I did the same thing with my BRG Tiger and
chose "Tiagre Green" from Toyota Trucks. The formula is something like
95% cobalt blue, 3% yellow and 2% black. I have had more complements
on the beautiful British Racing Green with this car than with any
"Matching" job that I have tried. It looks Green in shadow or on a cloudy
day, dark blue under clear skies and black at night. "Original" BRG looks
dirty green, brown under all light conditions. I like what I have and that is
what counts.
Jc