Re: Under Hood Heat

To: gary_winblad@juno.com, laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Under Hood Heat
From: RSpontelli <RSpontelli@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 02:00:49 EDT
>  YES Steve, I am going to do the same thing!  I really think this
>   would fix it (in addition to the horn hole blockoffs).
>  The whole grill (and valence) will force all that cool air
>  right through the radiator!

I think you people are all nuts.

Why don't you just bolt a 4 x 8-foot sheet of plyboard to the front of your
cars, with just a radiator-size opening, right  in front of the radiator?
Just think of all the air that will make go through the radiator!  And if THAT
doesn't keep your Tigers cool, then just go for two sheets!!!  Yeah!  One on
each side!

I wonder why the Air Force doesn't block off the front of their aircraft?
Just think of all the free lift they are missing out on!

Something must be wrong with our Tigers.  Ours run cool.  <Ok.  With the
3.73's, the autocrosser gets a little warm if I try to drive it out of town .
. .>  They have the original/oem/stock fans, the original/oem/stock/shrouds,
original/oem/stock "horn hole  openings" <horn hole openings?>, and no air
dams, no elongated U-thingies, or other silly-such shit.  Ok.  One has an LAT
hood.  Both have really-neat radiators that Paul Reisentz had made for C.A.T.
before "the club" decided they'd had enough of that sort of shit.

I think you people who are blocking off holes and putting thing-a-ma-jigs here
and there have a problem alright.  And I think that when you get done blocking
off holes and putting thing-a-ma-jigs here and there, you're still going to
have a problem.

Ramon