Re: Speedometer Cable Questions

To: "Steve Laifman" <Laifman@Flash.Net>,
Subject: Re: Speedometer Cable Questions
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 02:58:12 -0700
    This may be news to everyone here, but the speedo problems May have a real
simple fix.  The 4 wheel drive industry has a large variety of screw on gear
reducers/multipliers for truck that add begger tires, i.e.  Lift kits.

    these are small little devices.  You remove the speedo cable from the
tranny, screw on the multiplier in its place, and the connect the speedo cable
to the multiplier.  The ratios within the little gear boxes are selectable.
This is far better than changing the driven gear in the tranny.  Leave it stock,
so the gear mesh  / wear ratio is the same, and do all of the changing
externally in the little multiplier.  They're pretty cheap too.

Rich