Re: Speedometer Cable Questions

To: jamesbrt@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Speedometer Cable Questions
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 22:36:54 -0700
On Thu, 04 Jun 1998 19:19:25 -0400 James Barrett
<jamesbrt@mindspring.com> writes:
>At 10:28 PM 6/3/98 +0100, you wrote:
>
>>snip...When I looked inside my transmission, I found the helical
>speedo
>gear to be
>>plastic, like the cable gear.

Hey, does anyone have a '94/95 Mustang??  I bought a slightly
used T-5 from the Saleen Mustang garage sale, put it in the
Tiger and then later tried to hook up the speedo cable..
I will fit (only another slight cut and pry operation)
BUT..  there's no speedo drive gear in the hole in the
tranny... WHAT GIVES??  Did the little clip that holds
it in place give way and the gear slipped outside the hole?
OR, do some models of the Mustang get the speedo
(or Vehicle speed sensor) get their drive from somewhere
else??
Gary