Re: Hobson's choice

To: tiger list <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Hobson's choice
From: pamelam@connix.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 22:25:12 -0400 (EDT)
At 12:19 PM 6/12/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Back in my youth I was rushing a brake job on an Austin Healey I owned
>'cuz I had a date with my future wife that evening and the Healey was
>my only wheels.  In my haste I snapped off one of the fitting.  Aaaag!
>But not to worry.  I just disconnected the line to the caliper and
>capped it off.  Voila, 3 wheel brakes!  I drove the car that way for
>a couple of weeks waiting for the local dealer to get in a new fitting.
>For the life of me I can't remember what I used to cap off the line,
>but it may have been a bleeder valve.
>
>Believe me this wasn't the worst of the horrors I committed with this
>car!
>
>Roland

In the mid seventies I knew a social menace that was an absolute NUT behind
the wheel of his turbo Corvair. I only time I rode with him was when I knew
he was having severe detonation problems (20lbs of boost).
He went to Lime Rock during the Porsche club day and failed tech inspection
when a brake line failed. He went to the back of the paddock, rolled the
line up with vise grips, flattened it out, bled it and turned in the second
fastest time of the day to a car that was trailered in. Who needs brakes??

A length of plastic tubing pressed onto the end of the brake line works
well. If it is long enough, bring it above the MC reservoir or better yet
clamp it to keep the moisture out.

Bob Melusky