Hobson's choice

To: "Tigerlist *" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hobson's choice
From: "Larry Wright" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 14:29:05 -0400
        Today I've been deluged with posts about how
Larry-with-more-money-than-brains should not be replacing the caliper, just
replacing the interior seals, and not with O-rings.
        I just got off the phone with Rick at Sunbeam Specialties, and, guess
what, no RH calipers available. Instead, he has the square-cross-section
seals. So it looks like I'm replacing the seals (and the pads and the rear
shoes).
        Hey, when I crack that caliper, the fluid's going to come gushing out
(or
will it stay in the line due to the soda-straw-and-thumb law?). What could
I cap the line with while I work on the brake? A Shreader valve cap off the
tire? Just trying to minimize how many cans of fluid I'll be using during
the bleeding process; what's in there is just over a week old.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products, Divison of USOP
PH 301-386-7923  FX 301-386-5333
lrw@aop.com