Re: Stump the auto parts man

To: Bill Gullatt <bgullatt@traveller.com>
Subject: Re: Stump the auto parts man
From: "John Crawley" <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 13:29:15 -0600
I too tried to stump the Auto parts man but got surprised.
I went in to the local Ford dealer and asked for the rear bushing for a 4 -
speed top-loader. The parts guy says: "What car and what year?" I, thinking
that I would stump the parts man, said : It's for the only car sold by
Chrysler in the '60s that had a Ford engine/transmission in it." He
replied: "Wow, you have a Sunbeam Tiger?"  . . .ya never know!
By the way he found a cross reference that came out of a modern Ford front
wheel drive - Escort I think - that was even better than the original
bushing as it had extra oil passages for better lube.
Godspeed
Jc