Re: Alger identification

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Alger identification
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 21:45:37 -0400 (EDT)
At 10:08 PM -0000 7/6/98, Brock C Tella wrote:

>>More to the point, I don't even object to Algers or Alpine
>>conversions.

While we're on this topic, how's about some bench racing daydreams? I was
looking at this month's issue of "Street Rodder" magazine. A guy had built
a really different track-style T roadster. His choice of power plant? And
Olds quad4 mated to a Camaro 5 speed. These modern 4 bangers are good for
190 HP and will rev to the sky! It instantly hit me that this setup would
be a bitchin' swap in just about any 4 banger LBC!  A 4 valve 4cyl with
dual overhead cams and the right exhaust would sing like an early Ferrari 4
cyl. Sadly, the article contained no info on how the front drive engine was
mated to the rear drive tranny. This set up would easily fit an Alpine,
weight at least 1/2 of an V8 swap. Anyone familar enough with the GM parts
catalog to add the right info about this swap? And if someone built this,
you could foolow GM's lead and call it the "Alpine Cutlass Calais Supreme
Brougham"!!!