Re: Must see auto web site.

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: Must see auto web site.
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 21:37:07 +0000
Bob Palmer wrote:

> Mike, et Listers,
>
> I was thinking about making some comments along those lines myself Mike. I
> don't mind being politically incorrect when it's appropriate, but I sense
> more than a little race prejudice behind this slamming of the "Rice Boy"
> culture.

Bob: just for the record, the host of the "Rice-Boy" page is a
Korean-American, an explans that the term refers to the type of
car/owner who uses tape decals, gaudy wheels, and a loud exhaust on a
base model asian econobox. These owners then adapt the mindset that they
are now Speed Racer in the Mach5-nothing on the planet can catch them
now.
As you'll see in the sites "Hate Mail" secton, the host is threatend
with the most vulgar abuse at the hands of the phonies he's exposing.
Every era has more than it's fair share of phoney poser's. This time
around, it seems to be young guys with cheesy econoboxes trying to
equate stickers and loudness with a truly fast car.