RE: TE/AE

To: "Parlee, Brad (ED&C,SLS)" <brad.parlee@edc.ge.com>
Subject: RE: TE/AE
From: Alicia <larisab@ix18.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 20:11:03 -0400
At 10:23 AM 08/03/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks for the positive press, we need it right now.  As you Westerns prove
>all the time it is hard to build a club and maintain it but, easy to fire
>out and E-mail that will do unrepairable damage.  If you feel TE/AE screwed
>you, I will help you get your money back if you publicly answer three
>questions.
>Did you ask for your money back?
>Have you ever tried to run a club and keep a news letter current?
>Was everyone happy with you, the club, and the newsletter?
>
>In my short experience many people over the years have tried to make TE/AE a
>fun and useful organization thank you for ditching there effort.
>
>> ----------
>> From:        Colin Cobb[SMTP:cobmeister@zianet.com]
>> Sent
>>
>> Alicia & Dan wrote:
>>
>> < TE/AE stands for Tigers East/ Alpine East >
>>
>> Yeah, but... What is Tigers East/ Alpine East?  Is it a new club or
>> just that same old bunch of guys who take your dues money and you
>> never hear from them again?  Unless they want more money, of course.
>>
>> --Colin Cobb

Colin, Brad, All,

I did not reply before because I was unsure as to how to take your question.

We have just recently joined TE/AE and so it would be unfair to judge the
club on our dealings with it.  However, if Hank Ward is any indication of
the type of people who belong to the club, then I do not feel that we have
gone wrong in joining.  He had a friend who lived out our way stop in to
give us his name and phone number, because we are not in the book.  The
purpose to this was to invite us to the picnic, and to let us know about
the informal drags that were being held at Tioga Speedway (they are not
advertised).  When we arrived there to watch him he took time out from his
friends to make us feel comfortable and to let us know about what was going
on there.

It is a shame that we have come to a point in this country where pessimism
seems to be the rule instead of the exception.

Thank You

Alicia

Alicia & Dan
Windsor, NY