Re: TE/AE

To: "Parlee, Brad (ED&C,SLS)" <brad.parlee@edc.ge.com>
Subject: Re: TE/AE
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 11:00:51 -0600
Brad Parlee wrote (a whole bunch of stuff quoted entirely below):

Hey Brad,

It pains me to say this, but it appears to me that, based on your last
message, you have taken my side in TE/AE controversy.  PLEASE DON'T
TRY TO HELP ME!  People are known by their allies...

Since in your recent post you agree that the TE/AE communications
policy needs to be changed so that the officers feel a need to respond
to questions from the membership (of which I am one) I conclude that
you don't really feel that the club's performance in this area has
been the greatest in the past few months.

I had assumed you were an officer by the way you were offering to
intervene on my behalf since the only alternative would have been to
consider you just another big talker.  I appologize for calling you an
officer.

I also feel badly that you are frustrated by the TE/AE imbroglio (grab
that dictionary again) but wish to point out that I am not the source
of your frustration.  On the contrary, YOU are the source of MY
frustration since I believe that if everyone had spoken up a couple of
months ago the club would not now be in the pickle it is in.  If you
are familiar with the maxim "Don't shoot the messenger," you must
realize that your anger at me is misdirected.

If it is your interpretation that I sling mud merely because I decline
to participate in a whitewash, so be it.  (I kinda like that image of
nice gooey mud on a pure, blank, white wall.  A stonewall, of course.)

But enough frivolity!

Are you even aware that, meantime, a few positive things are going on
in the club?  No?  Whynot?  (I know, Ramon, I know.)  Anyway, some
positive things are happening and should be posted to the list soon.

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb, Still a Long Ways From the Coast