Re-TAC

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re-TAC
From: BOBCARNUT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 01:34:19 EDT
As I am about to complete the purchase of a Tiger, and not being an expert on
Tigers/Alpines/Algers, but having done my homework , such as reading any books
available on the subject, including The Book Of Norman, from cover to cover a
couple of times, I have to say that the best thing the TAC committee (or any
other knowlegable group) could do would be to have available a complete list
of differances between a Tiger and an Alpine. At this point I can only hope
that my/our car (to be) is indeed what it appears to be.....a TIGER! Certainly
only a small portion of existing Tigers have been authenticated, and most of
them are on the left coast! Assuming our Tiger is authentic, I certainly would
like to have it authenticated if I don't have to take it across the country to
do so. Living just outside of Buffalo, NY., I don't supose there's any place
even remotely close where I could have it done.
It's certainly the old story of BUYER BEWARE.....but if you don't know what to
look for, you'r out of luck. Instead of it's being a big SECRET....general
knowlege of the differances between aTiger and an Alpine would make it much
more difficult for a person to pass of an "Alger" as aTiger!
Didn't mean to rant and rave,.... just the way I feel.
I really enjoy and appreciate the Tiger content of this list. Lets keep it up!

                         Bob Lerch       ( BOBCARNUT@aol.com)