Re: Brake Rotors

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brake Rotors
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 00:13:42 +0000
RSpontelli@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 98-08-21 11:35:49 EDT, MWood24020 writes:(snip)
 it is great to get some REAL information which may
> effect many of us, particularly when it concerns something as important as
> brakes. >>
>
> Thank you, Mike.

OK, we can now add brake rotors to the list of Killer Replacement Parts
(KRP's) available for the Tiger.

1.) Anything QH! Exploding ball joints and tie rods made from powdered
pencil lead!

2.) Lower fulcrum pins that are even weaker then the marginal OEM parts
they replace! This is the kind of progress we get after 30 years?

3.) And now, the self destructing brake rotor! Must be made in the same
"factory" as the lower fulcrum pins. Some drunken wino is casting this
crap under a bridge, using a barbeque and melted down soup cans!

Just goes to show, just because someone comes up with a "new"
replacement part doesn't mean it has been tested!
Sadly, I fear that some Tiger owner in the near future will pay with
their life for these untested replacement parts.