Re: Backwards!

To: "Tigers" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Backwards!
From: "Bob Hokanson" <tgrr2@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 12:25:39 -0700
You're not the first and won't be the last to suffer from PO axle
modification problems.
When I got my Tiger some 25 odd years ago, the PO had swapped the front
hubs for a pair of Alpine knock-off hubs and welded a pair of knock-off
hubs to the rears so that he could enjoy the benefits of wire wheels.  I
guess he promptly spun the guts out of the less-than-stout 60 spoke wheels
and proceeded to weld wire wheel centers into a set of chrome-reverse
wheels.  The trouble is they were'nt true and wobbled a bunch PLUS he had
welded the right side hub on the left and vise-versa so one side would come
loose in short time.  I ended up putting on new hubs but not before I got
the crap scared out of me a couple of times with wheels coming loose.
Bob