[Fwd: Stopping Power]

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: Stopping Power]
From: steve sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 00:03:09 -0700
--------------84F64480C525C365EE8E1CFA

Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 00:01:59 -0700
From: steve sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
To: RSpontelli@aol.com
Subject: Re: Stopping Power

RSpontelli@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 98-10-20 00:47:48 EDT, rootes@ix.netcom.com writes:
>
> << The question I am addressing is how do they work in
>  real world conditions, repeated stop and go and stopping and panic stops to
>  avoid accidents. In these cases, the standard setup does nowhere near the job
>  safety requires, and this is from real world experience in driving Alpines
> and
>  a Tiger as everyday transportation for pretty much the last 33 years. >>
>
> This is a crock.  And THIS is from the SAME real world experience, though mine
> has been mostly with Tigers, I can't possibly conceive of the Alpine being any
> different.
>
> I'm really sorry you crunched your Tiger, Steve, but why go belly-aching on
> the brakes?  Could it be that your DRIVING was nowhere near the job safety
> requires?
>
> Ramon

Ramon:You're too much. If you take discussion of brakes not working too well as
personal insult, you're beyond help. It's typical of you to take offence, and
offer an insult in my direction, and toward many others through the months, in
an
open discussion of a mechanical problem.

Any of your personal problems aside, there must be a reason so many people have
worked on improving Sunbeam braking through the years, adapted 4 wheel discs,
tried different pads and modifications. I don't think it's because the brakes
are
exceptionally good.

Thanks for your interesting comments.

Steve Sage