Re: Chrome Bores...

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>,
Subject: Re: Chrome Bores...
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 21:03:20 -0500
At 5:55 PM -0500 11/4/98, Steve Laifman wrote:

>Ours was a '75 Vega as well, and I am sure it was iron
>sleeves.  Ran OK, as long as I used JB Weld to seal up the
>crack in the head that leaked water. Don't laugh, it worked.
>
>Steve

Ah, the Vega, the embodiment of GM's "Let the Customer Do the R&D Work"
philosophy. My mom bought an new Vega in '73. Within one year, the tops of
the front fenders had rotted through and the rear valance fell off. Oh, and
one night it overheated and she coudn't start it. My brother and I retrived
her and the car. We got it started, and I followed them home. After a short
drive, the motor EXPLODED! I have never seen chunks of sharpnel coming out
of exhaust pipe before or since then!
The car only had 50K on it. Worst piece of crap I'd ever laid eyes on, hell
it made Fiat's look like towers of reliablity.