RE: Tire Help

To: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Subject: RE: Tire Help
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 20:29:06 -0500
At 09:31 AM 1/5/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Aren't the BFG TA's 'S' speed rated? Seems to me that a 351 Tiger should exceed
>the design speed on those (105 mph) in around 10 seconds...
>
>Yokohama makes their A032 in 215/50 - R13, but it's an autocross-oriented tire.
>Don't know if that's OK with you (from a tread life point of view), but the
>tread it puts on the road is probably about twice as effective as any TA (the
>regular kind, not R1's) ever made.
>
>Happy belated new year to all from the great white frozen @#$%^# North,
>
>Theo Smit
>tsmit@novatel.ca
>B382002705
Theo,
        The tires held together on a few 140+ Mph runs.
I may have to go to larger dia wheels to get the width I need.
Problem is,  I like the effective rear end ratio with the 235-50-13.
Would have to go to 35 or so series tires to keep the height down.
These very low profile tires are very $$ and have a very rough ride.

        It got cold here too for the last two days, low of 40. Thank god that
the temperature is susposed to be back to 70 tomorrow.  This is the best
time to work on my Tiger in Florida.  The summer (10 months) is too
hot.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others