RE: Fuel Pump over Muffler

To: "'Steve Laifman'" <laifman@flash.net>,
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump over Muffler
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:30:55 -0700
A good rule of thumb on tantalum caps is 5x the working voltage. So, at least 60
V rating, and preferably more, since you're dumping all of the solenoid's
current into it.

I haven't looked into the pump electrics at all, but doesn't it have some kind
of pressure shutoff in it? When I turn on the ignition, it clicks for a few
seconds and then stops. When the car is running, I assume the pump is pumping
but I can't hear how often it clicks over the engine noise.

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705