Fuel Pump over Muffler

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pump over Muffler
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:20:35 EST
I know we've been there before, but that fuel pump over the muffler really has
me bothered.   When I bought my Tiger 10 years ago, the DPO has placed some
sort of insulation around the pump.  I'm thinking of doing that again, and
perhaps making a heat shield that I can bolt between the pump and the muffler.
Moving the pump is an option too if anyone has a good recommendation.  I
recall someone saying the Tiger Mark II has the pump in the trunk.  Is that
right?  If so, can someone describe the hook up.  BTW, I switched to a 6-8.5
psi inline fuel pump.

Rob Kempinski
Melbourne, FL  (sitting with fire extinguisher aimed at fuel pump.)