Tiger engine misc.

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tiger engine misc.
From: Alpdavegre@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 00:10:30 EDT
Hi all,

I am just about done rebuilding my 1965 Tigers 260 motor and will be storing
it till it is needed upon completion of my full restoration of Tiger'rr.
I have a few  questions.
First, are the dipstick tube and dipstick just stock Ford items?

Second,  I am still looking for a front crank pulley for the Tiger 260. I
know Rick at S.S. has them new but still looking for a used one in good shape.

Third, as I look at the diagram on Ricks S.S. cataloge i see what appears to
be spacer plates between the engine and the motor mounts. Is this correct? If
it is then can someone give me the thickness of the spacers. Are they
important for any alignment of the drivetrain?

Fourth, is there a trick to getting the T-bar out of the shifter handle on
the original shifter? I see a small wire going down through the T-bar.

Thanks for any help on above.
David Green
B9472549LRXFE