Re: im looking to put a 351 in my tiger(long)

To: Joe Hankins <jhankins@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: im looking to put a 351 in my tiger(long)
From: steve sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 17:56:52 -0700

Joe Hankins wrote:

> I'm with Mike.  If the goal is to "crap in your pants", might I suggest that
> you take a triple dose of your favorite laxative.  Otherwise it borders on
> the criminal to hack up a Mark II when you could just as easily hack up
> something much less rare to produce the same result!
>
> Joe

Hello All:
First off, we don't know what the condition of Jim's MKII was before he started
his work on it. Maybe it would have ended up in a scrap heap if he hadn't done
the work on it so, if that's the case, he has in fact saved a MKII.

Second, a lot of Sunbeamers, me included, get the biggest kicks at club events
seeing and hearing about just how far people have taken the original engineering
and modified and/or improved it. It is a fact that the factory was always
looking for ways to improve the cars and make them go faster, stop better, etc.,
and would have continued doing so if they had stayed in business.

In conclusion, and in defense of Jim (especially since it's his car and he can
do whatever the heck he wants with it), a Tiger is just a hacked up Alpine
anyway, isn't it?

Steve Sage
(ex-Tiger owner, and current very dysfunctional Series V Alpine owner)