Re: im looking to put a 351 in my tiger(long)

To: MWood24020@aol.com
Subject: Re: im looking to put a 351 in my tiger(long)
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 15:43:11 -0400
At 11:30 PM 7/23/99 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 7/23/99 7:56:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>cthompson@rrinc.com writes:
>
><< Sure.  Like he said.  Anybody could do it.
>  >>

>With all due respect to Jim and the efforts involved in his undertaking, WHY?
>What I mean to say is, if you have a MkII, and it is all there, and only a
>few hundred remain IN THE WORLD, why would you hack it up?
>I can understand the swap, if it were 1979 or even 1989. But given the
>current state of Tiger affairs, I think it would be criminal to sacrifice a
>MkII's integrity in such a manner. Besides, you can go REAL fast with a
>stroker 302 or even a supercharged small Windsor....
>Just not getting it in Alamo,
>Mike

Mike,
        I now agree with you , but I did the 351C modifications in the early
80's when Tigers were still showing up in the local classified ads for
not too much money.
        I recommend using an Alpine as a starting point now.

        Been out all week on vacation if my answers appear to be late.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others