Re: Too Hot Camero

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: Too Hot Camero
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:13:26 -0600
Bob wrote:

<< ...kit Cobra owners were discussing their own chronic heating problems.
Neither of us could figure out why a Cobra, with all that extra room under the
bonnet,
would have problem. >>

I have come to the conclusion that this discussion is the one true constant
among motorheads, more popular even than comparisons of the "tastes great,
less filling" variety. No matter whether you are talking Tigers, Alpines,
Morgans, Jensens, Healey's, Alfas, hot rods, stockers... The talk is quickly
going to turn to how to keep the suckers from puking at every stoplight.

It doesn't even seem to be based on the cooling system's age. I've seen heated
discussions (sorry, I just couldn't resist...) on the Alfa list about how to
keep cars less than 8 years old with less than 40K on the clock cool in traffic!

A lot of the discussion on the lists and at parties seems based more in
paranoia than in fact... There has been a lot of discussion on the lists about
cars that were climbing all the way up to 100 C in traffic...

And, by-the-bye, whatinell is a "Camaro?"

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb
'65 Tiger MKI, '66 Morgan Plus 4, '89 Alfa Spider