Re: Safer Fuel Tank.

To: BRIBAUM@aol.com
Subject: Re: Safer Fuel Tank.
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:15:20 -0500
At 09:15 PM 2/14/2000 EST, you wrote:

>The fuel tank had been where it is and no problem for thirty years.  Now all
>of the sudden change it.  Doesn't make much sense to me.  I would leave well
>enough alone.

        I also haven't had a wreck in 30 years, but I still carry insurance.
Just happen  to have a few extra dollars available and am trying to put them
to the best use.  While trying to solve a fuel pump problem ( Holly Red) I
took the cross over pipe loose to check for trash.  When I re-assembled
everything and filled the tank I had a garage floor and trunk full of gasoline
due to a slightly miss alined rubber connection.  Got it fixed, but still
it worries me.  I also have a roll bar and I continue to think about
a roll cage.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others