RE: Safer Fuel Tank.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Safer Fuel Tank.
From: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:37:20 -0700
Hi all,

So who says you have to have a rigid, 1 1/2" diameter pipe running back
there? The only function of the pipe is to transfer gas between the tanks
during filling, and to supply the 5/16" fuel feed line to the pump. You can
get by with a 5/8" or 3/4" (-10 or -12) braided hose, with a tee in the
center. Give the line about six inches of slack so that if the tanks move
you don't tear the hoses off, and you're done. You could do this to existing
tanks by making an adapter that clamps on where the pipe attaches.

Regards,
Theo

PS My first 24 hours: Drive this Tiger that's lived a sheltered life ("put
the top up? I never did that before" says the previous owner), from
Vancouver to Calgary. 650 miles, two mountain passes, deflated tires,
non-working temp gauge, and a rainstorm later, it's in my garage...

> <BRIBAUM@aol.com>

        <snip>