RE: Commercial ads on the Tiger List

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Commercial ads on the Tiger List
From: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:24:48 -0700
Hi Ray, and everyone:

I'd rather not see the list become one big billboard for all the Sunbeam
parts suppliers. For the most part, we all know who the parts companies are,
and how to get a hold of them, and the quality (or lack ovb) their parts and
service, and us listers are a far more effective advertising tool than any
amount of daily/weekly email urging us to go visit their website or to
request their catalog.
In my opinion, the parts suppliers that lurk on this list are quite well
aware of this, and mostly stay out of where-do-I-get-this-part discussions.

The rules of conduct for commercial companies on the autox mailing lists are
quite clearly spelled out by Mark, anyway, and if there is a real problem
I'd prefer to have Mark sort it out.

The reality is that it's quite easy for a commercial company to have two
mail aliases, using one for 'official' replies, and one for stoking the fire
("Didya see the oil pan so-and-so is auctioning on Ebay?").  Not that anyone
here's doing that...yet.

It's %^&*%^ snowing again!
Theo