Tiger Lettered AC Housing

To: "Tigers@autox,team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger Lettered AC Housing
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:34:17 -0600
Hi Listers,

    I'm putting my car back together after having it painted and I'm having
a minor problem getting my air filter housing to fit properly. Seems the
body shop had to alter the bottom of the housing to drop it down to fit
under the LAT hood. They may have gone overkill here. They removed the cast
flange that mounts on the carb from the bottom of the housing in order to
drop the housing down a little. This all began because the float adjustment
screws were keeping the housing from sitting flush on the carburetor. They
were told to cut or drill some relief's where the adjustments were. When I
returned the next day they had drilled holes in the bottom plate for the
relief's and
removed the cast flange that mounts on the carb. If you look closely you
will see they also cut the forward vent tube on the carb. Well, the damage
is done and now I'm trying to figure out how to salvage what I can. This is
the situation now. When you tighten down the top to the filter housing the
front float adjustment screw crushes the paper filter (see photo p4110045).
 If you look at the photo shot from the front of the car you can see where
the
paper has already been deformed and the top isn't even tightened down. This
damage is left over from where it was tightened down for the trip home from
the body shop. I guess I need to know if anyone else has ever had this
problem
before and if so what did you do about it? Do they make spacers that I might
use between the carburetor and the housing to lift the housing just enough
clear the adjustment screw but still keep the housing low enough so it
clears
the LAT hood? I can always have something made at the machine shop but
if anyone has an easier solution I'm Game. You can see photos of my intake
and filter dilemma at:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/f_eiland_2000?d&.flabel=fld4&.src=ph

Let me know if you think of something. Thanks for all the help this list has
given me over the past year. OH, BTW, I do except all opinions whether I
agree with them or not.

Again, Thanks to all on the list for your help.

Dan Eiland