RE: Tiger Lettered AC Housing

To: "'scott van every'" <irishve@hotmail.com>, deiland1@elp.rr.com,
Subject: RE: Tiger Lettered AC Housing
From: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:04:46 -0600
Hi Dan,
The other thing you have to consider is the clearance between the choke air
horn and the top of the air cleaner housing. If they had to cut the bowl
vent tube to get things to fit, you can bet your engine is going to be a
little asthmatic. I would say that your body shop owes you, big time. After
you determine how much clearance you have, using plasticine or Steve L's
tinfoil balls, you can get a machine shop to machine up a flanged ring that
fits the carb on one side, and has an inner retaining ring to locate the air
cleaner housing. Since the body shop will pay, there's no sense in cutting
corners, right?

Regards, Theo