RE: Tiger Lettered AC Housing

To: "'B&C Mustang'" <info@bcmustang.com>
Subject: RE: Tiger Lettered AC Housing
From: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:43:35 -0600
I'd have to go home and check, but I'm pretty sure that the 600 DP that I've
got, has uncut bowl vent tubes. Even with that, though, I don't think
there's more than 3/4" clearance above the choke air horn, which leads me to
think that there is some performance to be gained (if you're using the stock
air cleaner, or one that is that tall) from cutting the air horn down.

Back in my fooling-around-with-Webers days, the rule of thumb for minimum
clearance between the end of the ram stacks and the air cleaner was "one
ramstack diameter". If you apply that to the primary side of a Holley, it
would be around 1 5/8", I think.

Regards,
Theo