RE: veneer

To: "Chris Vaught" <CVaught@Hawaii.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: veneer
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 09:28:44 -0700
Chris,

Having purchased the CAT dash (which, after nearly two years is STILL
sitting in storage,) which requires finishing and having also considered the
possibility of re-veneering the dash currently in my car, I would no longer
opt for either method at this point.  I am also an amateur cabinet maker and
have done a lot of veneering in the past, so it is not a skill set issue.

Rather, I would suggest forking out the bucks (as I am sure I will
eventually do,) to buy the Prestige Auto Wood dash from Rick at SS ( and I
think Curt too.)  These are exceptional dashes.  A friend of mine who does
up to and including concours restorations will not use anyone else.  All of
these dashes fit perfectly and look beautiful.  If I am not mistaken, they
can also be had with the correct lettering for all of the switches and
gauges.  By the time you add up all of the time and money you spend on doing
the dash yourself, you might as well just buy one and get your Kitty on the
road MUCH faster.  IMHO.  That's what I plan to do in the near
future....probably this fall at the latest.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373