Re: veneer

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: veneer
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 20:50:05 EDT
Chris,
    Consider using a good grade (marine) plywood as the base: our cars
experience very cold, and very hot temperatures and a full range of humidity.
 My soggy-Seattle based philosophy is as follows: a wood dash in a sports car
is not unlike a wood sailboat (a wooden boat that you work on all the time
and never get a chance to sail)... marine plywood is far more stable
dimentionally than a solid wood plank, and forget using an obsolete polyester
topcoat like Varathane, but use a modern epoxy (flexible) finish like Bartop
and be sure to choose one with a good UV barrier.
Jim Leach   PTC