Re: (no subject)

To: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: SJC <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 08:02:49 -0700

TigerCoupe@aol.com wrote:

> On 01-Feb-2000 at 19:52:52PST GRMMail@aol.com wrote:
>
> >Subject: Tom Patton's Runoffs Winning Tiger.
>
> >Tom Patton's Tiger will be featured in this month's issue of Grassroots
> >Motorsports Magazine.   A free sample of the magazine can be had by emailing
> >me or calling (904) 673-4148.
>
> >Per
>
> >GRM
>
> A month or so ago I responded via Email to the above offer sent to the
> Sunbeam Tiger information group.  Eventually I did receive my free issue,
> which I enjoyed.
>
> Today, May 18, 2000, I received a "Subscription Invoice" for $17.95 from
> Grassroots Motorsports which "Includes all account activity through: May 4
> 00."  I was surprised to learn that this was Notice # 101000504$SOFT, that my
> account # was 49522, and my order # was 87323.
>
> The invoice was accompanied by a letter from the publisher, which read in
> part:
> "Thank you for your subscription order.  By now you should have gotten your
> first issue of GRASSROOTS MOTORSPORTS -- if not, it will be along
> shortly.........If you have already sent in your payment, we thank you and
> ask that you please disregard this notice."
>
> This correspondence strikes me as a blatent, backhanded solicitation which
> borders on unethical.  Accordingly, I will disregard it.  I hope that other
> members of the Tiger community have not had an experience similar to mine!
>
> Dick Barker

Dick & Everyone:
They sent you a free sample magazine. I bought my copy of the issue at a news
stand, so I paid for mine. They're in business to make money or else they
couldn't send out free samples. What's wrong with their suggesting that if you
enjoy the issue, you may want to subscribe? All anyone has to do if you get an
unsolicited subscription notice is to write on the bill "No thanks, I don't want
to subscribe" and return it to them. This has happened to me and sometimes I
subscribe, and sometimes I don't. No big deal, I think.

Regards,
Steve Sage