(no subject)

To: GRMMail@aol.com
Subject: (no subject)
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 18:08:33 EDT
On 01-Feb-2000 at 19:52:52PST GRMMail@aol.com wrote:

>Subject: Tom Patton's Runoffs Winning Tiger.

>Tom Patton's Tiger will be featured in this month's issue of Grassroots
>Motorsports Magazine.   A free sample of the magazine can be had by emailing
>me or calling (904) 673-4148.

>Per

>GRM

A month or so ago I responded via Email to the above offer sent to the
Sunbeam Tiger information group.  Eventually I did receive my free issue,
which I enjoyed.

Today, May 18, 2000, I received a "Subscription Invoice" for $17.95 from
Grassroots Motorsports which "Includes all account activity through: May 4
00."  I was surprised to learn that this was Notice # 101000504$SOFT, that my
account # was 49522, and my order # was 87323.

The invoice was accompanied by a letter from the publisher, which read in
part:
"Thank you for your subscription order.  By now you should have gotten your
first issue of GRASSROOTS MOTORSPORTS -- if not, it will be along
shortly.........If you have already sent in your payment, we thank you and
ask that you please disregard this notice."

This correspondence strikes me as a blatent, backhanded solicitation which
borders on unethical.  Accordingly, I will disregard it.  I hope that other
members of the Tiger community have not had an experience similar to mine!

Dick Barker