Re: Blown oil lines--my 2 cents

To: geewhiz <geewhiz@inreach.com>
Subject: Re: Blown oil lines--my 2 cents
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:55:20 -0800
geewhiz wrote:

> The first time I changed the oil on my Tiger was the last time for the remote
> filter.  It leaked.  Off it came.  The Ford dealer sells the screw adapter for
> the block, and Pep Boys has the short filter.  I think it was a Purolator
>10???
> Can't remember the number, and I sold the car...I'm sure someone on the list
>has
> the number.
>
> Gerard

Let's not also forget the Ford Motorsport Right Angle Adapter (A4460, as I
recall)
that I used and recommended some years ago.  This unit bolts right in to the
block,
included the adapter from the female internal thread (at least mine did), and
accepts a full Ford FL1-A superior filter. Some corner filing of the sharp
corner
of the motor mount bracket provides the extra clearance you need for motor
rocking.
Not structural, and minor.  Filter changes without removing adapter, just spin
it
off.  Costs about $50. Will NOT work with headers, only stock manifolds.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman        < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/