Re: Goodbye

To: Dick Barker <dickbarker@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Goodbye
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@home.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 23:42:55 -0600
Hi All,

Sometimes events on this list leave me speechless. Fortunately, I can still
type... You have to realize that the one of the reasons the List itself doesn't
support attachments, pictures, and HTML scripts is to keep your computer from
inadvertently sucking up and propagating every email virus currently in
circulation. Tim went to the trouble of putting up the intranets site to fill a
gap in the online Tiger resources, and it's ignorant to slam him for doing it,
or others for using it. When the Tigers United site went up, a bunch of people
wrote in (I'm sure that Steve received many more private emails) about how the
'Net didn't need another online Tiger site. Most of these were misinterpreting
the goal of the site as being a replacement for this mailing list - which it
wasn't. Tim's site is unique to our Tiger community in that it provides a place
where anyone can post information - no waiting for the site maintainer to get
around to doing an update. Properly used this can be a very valuable addition
to our community, and I'm disappointed to see that the best some can do with
others' contributions is to criticise them.

Dick, I'm sorry to see you depart the list, because I generally enjoy reading
or hearing about Tiger history from people that made some of it.

Regards,
Theo Smit