Re: Crappy Sunbeam Parts Dealer

To: Chuck Keding <mhp@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Crappy Sunbeam Parts Dealer
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 23:39:37 -0700
Chuck,

I am truly sorry your expectations were met with your recent order for,
as I understand it, Sunbeam body panels from England ordered through
Classic Sunbeam.

I have had contact with Kurt for a number of years, now, and always
found him to be an honest person and a true supporter of our Marque.
These are all too few, now.

I have no idea of the details at Kurt's end, but can tell you that some
of the BIGGEST names in the Aerospace industry make honest estimates of
their delivery expectations, with sophisticated planning and scheduling
production and sub-contractor procurement control. They produce their
delivery timelines based on state-of-the-art methodology, and some
unplanned event can ruin their commitments.

And these are the leaders in industry.

I have been disappointed in the delivery estimates of our best package
delivery services, haven't you?

Kurt has a one-man operation, and relies on the commitments he receives
from his own suppliers.  They, with all good intentions, and poor
production control, muddle through as best they can.  I can imagine that
some may even be more than optimistic on their capabilities, and make
unrealistic projections.  Kurt has to weigh his experience with their
ability to produce to commitment with his need to give his customer his
best estimate.  I'll repeat that: his best ESTIMATE, or expectation.

I have now doubt he is as disappointed as you are in his supplier's
performance. Illness is an unplanned hindrance as well.  I do not know
whether you have adult kids, but you may learn that they have a life
too, and can not always meet their obligations, or commitments.

I do not pretend to know the exact story, or to be an apologist for
Kurt.  Merely to offer an alternative explanation to your perception.  I
sincerely hope you will consider this, and not take affront at another
scenario to your experience that does not cast anyone in a negative light.

There are few of us, and fewer yet with Kurt's commitment. Neither he,
nor Rick, is getting wealthy dealing with old car parts.  This is a
labor of love.

Let's try to be more open to other rationale than deliberate deception,
which would never fly, in the end.

Peace.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman        < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/